WE ARE FIERCE ADVOCATES IN TRIAL & APPEAL WITH PROVEN RESULTS.
We are experienced as replacement or augmentation counsel in entrenched litigation. We have handled IP and business cases adverse to, or representing:
Attorney Michael A. Long is experienced as replacement counsel. He has represented attorneys, executives, business owners, producers, tech companies, engineers, inventors, employees, employers, and established multinational clients with worldwide IP portfolios.
EXPERIENCE. INTEGRITY. RESULTS.
- Won jury verdict in phase one of bifurcated jury trial. Case proceeded into phase two of trial where we prevailed with a punitive damages phase two verdict resulting twice the original damages figure awarded by the jury.
- Prevailed with $600,000 jury award with punitive damages; and defeated all of claimant’s claims against clients’ businesses and individually.
- Obtained favorable judgment for client with an award of over $470,000 incl. punitive damages.
- Settled a dispute involving a $10 million claim in favor of client.
- Prevailed in an attorney fee motion for $1.7 million.
- Prevailed in a business litigation against a $50 million dollar plaintiff, resulting in dismissal with prejudice in favor of clients.
- Defeated a $300,000 claim against client in a commercial dispute.
- Represented an investor in a commercial dispute involving a $25 million dollar property.
- Obtained a stricken judgment of $1.5 million in favor of client after years of entrenched litigation, including appeals.
- Represented a client in a $50 million underreported royalty dispute. Resolved in favor of client.
- Obtained dismissal in favor of client in a claim of $194,000.
- Represented inventor and patent attorney in patent infringement re: six-figure damages and stopped infringing activity in favor of clients.
- Settled a bad faith insurance coverage dispute wherein the insurance carrier agreed to cover IP infringement in favor of client after carrier’s denial of coverage.
- Represented client in a social media influencer marketing dispute with high profile media outlets and disputed royalties. Settled in favor of client.
- Represented a writer-producer in film pre-, production and post-production activities involving 60+ transacting entities, including disputes and transitions during and after filming and post.
- Represented a writer-director in IP negotiations, gaining key leverage for client to open long term development projects with a film studio and production finance.
California State Bar (SBN: 266555)
United States Patent & Trademark Office (Reg. No. 59750)
Handled matters in the following jurisdictions:
U.S. District Court, Central District of California
U.S. District Court, Southern District of New York
U.S. District Court, Oregon, Portland District
U.S. Bankruptcy Court, Central District of California
U.S. Bankruptcy Court, Southern District of California
U.S. Copyright Office
U.S. Patent & Trademark Office
U.S. Patent & Trademark Office, Trademark Trial & Appeal Board
U.S. Patent & Trademark Office, Patent Trial & Appeal Board
U.S. Court of Appeals for the Federal Circuit
U.S. Court of Appeals for the Ninth Circuit
U.S. International Trade Commission
Office of Administrative Hearings (OAH)
Office of the Labor Commissioner, Division of Labor Standards Enforcement
California State Court
California Courts of Appeal
California Supreme Court
Worldwide Collections and Investigations
Worldwide IP Portfolio Management including: European Union, UK, Japan, China, Republic of Korea (South Korea), Canada, Mexico, Brazil, Chile
LOYOLA LAW SCHOOL, J.D. (Top 2.5% in Patent Law), 2006.
HARVARD LAW SCHOOL, Completed Coursework, 2003.
LOYOLA MARYMOUNT UNIVERSITY, B.B.A., Information Systems, 1999.