Attorney Michael A. Long has successfully prosecuted and enforced patents and has been selected as replacement counsel in high stakes patent cases, including representation of multinational clients with worldwide patent portfolios. Mr. Long has previously served as the head of patent prosecution at an intellectual property law firm covering hundreds of patent matters.
Mr. Long is registered to practice with the United States Patent & Trademark Office (USPTO) since 2007 and has represented clients before the World Intellectual Property Organization (WIPO). Mr. Long’s legal work in patent matters spans mechanical, software, gaming, entertainment, electromechanical, and biotech patent litigation. Mr. Long’s patent litigation experience includes a seven-figure dispute which was resolved in his client’s favor.
Mr. Long has patent experience in the following subject matter areas:
- Augmented reality (AR) / Virtual reality (VR)
- Calibration systems
- Computer software and hardware
- Entertainment, streaming and live in-person
- Medical devices, radiological devices, ENT devices
- Optical sensors
- Electromechanical inventions
- Mass manufacturing and green technology
- Social media and advertising technologies
- Supply chain / operations management technologies
- Vision systems
- Waste management technologies
- Weigh scale technologies
Attorney Michael A. Long has worked in matters involving client matters of technology involving:
- Hewlett-Packard (HP)
- Microsoft Corp.
- Schutt / Easton-Bell Sports
- The Boring Company
Attorney Michael A. Long is the firm’s principal and managing attorney. Mr. Long has represented a wide range of clients in civil matters, both plaintiffs and defendants in trials and appeals. His clients have included attorneys, executives, business owners, real estate investors and developers, producers, tech companies, inventors, artists, insureds, and established multinationals with worldwide portfolios.