Over 20 years in business and law combined. Achieved highly favorable outcomes for clients in high-stakes litigation. California & USPTO-licensed.
COUNSEL TO EXECUTIVES AND LAW FIRMS
Experienced as replacement counsel. Represented attorneys, artists, entertainment executives, producers, tech companies, engineers, inventors, employees, employers, and established multinational clients with worldwide IP portfolios.
- Attorney Long won a $470,000+ case, including punitive damages in favor of client at trial. E-commerce case involving labor and fraud claims.
- Attorney Long resolved a $300,000+ dispute with all claims dismissed against client in a commercial dispute.
- Attorney Long settled a dispute involving a $10 million+ claim in favor of client.
- Attorney Long prevailed in an attorney fee motion for $1.7 million.
- Attorney Long represented an investor in a commercial dispute involving a $25 million property.
- Attorney Long settled a bad faith insurance coverage dispute. Insurance carrier agreed to cover IP infringement in favor of client.
- Attorney Long represented a client in a $50 million underreported royalty dispute. Resolved in favor of client.
- Attorney Long represented an inventor and a patent attorney in a patent infringement dispute involving six-figure damages. Stopped infringement activity in favor of clients.
- Attorney Long represented client in a social media influencer marketing dispute with high profile media outlets and disputed royalties. Settled in favor of client.
- Attorney Long represented a writer-producer in film pre-, production and post-production activities involving 60+ transacting entities, including disputes and transitions during and after filming and post.
- Attorney Long represented a writer-director in IP negotiations, gaining key leverage for client to open long term development projects with a film studio and production finance.
MICHAEL A. LONG, ESQ.
ATTORNEY AT LAW